Currently, our courses occur in one of two environments, each with a different method of requesting help.
Please click the image below which closest matches the heading color of your course:
Upon entering the course, you are presented with the Course Overview page, or outline of content. This page shows the Course Description, Certification Exam, Chapter Listing, and Info Side Panel. Let's review each individually.
The course description provides the overview of what will be covered throughout the course and matches the description you would have seen at course selection.
Unless you are in a course that waives the requirement, the Certification Exam link is visible from first entering the course. However, your state may not allow you to access the exam until all content has been reviewed. This is indicated by the icon to the left of the Certification Exam.
- Star - indicates that the Certification Exam is accessible.
- Lock - indicates that course content must be completed before the exam can be accessed.
This section provides the full listing of chapters contained within the course.
Similar to the Certification Exam, the icon to the left of the chapter title indicates your status and requirements to complete.
- Green Checkmark - indicates that you have completed the chapter in full.
- Grey Play Button - indicates that you have not yet completed the chapter in full. This icon is used specifically in states that allow you to complete content and exams in any order.
- Grey Lock - indicates that this chapter is not yet accessible as prior content must be completed first.
- Empty Circle - indicates that you have not yet completed the chapter in full. This icon is used specifically in states that require you to complete all content in order.
To the right of each chapter title is the total sections contained within the chapter. These will be displayed as a fraction of the completed sections to the total sections available.
Upon selecting a chapter, you are presented a similar listing of the chapter's smaller sections. The icons will be representative of levels of access, as was the case in the chapter listing, and the fraction to the right of each section title will detail the completed pages to the total pages within the section.
In the Section Listing, you will also be provided a Resume button to the upper right, which will link you to the last page of content that was completed, allowing you to pick up where you left off.
Info Side Panel
This section to the right of the chapter listing provides additional resources related to the course. The first area displays the credit value of the course. Below this, the book cover (if available in print) is shown along with a link to the printable version of the course for download or printing. This link to the printable version is available only in states that do not limit course progression based on completion of prior chapters. So, if your course shows lock icons next to chapters, you will not see the option for a printable manual.
Upon entering the course, you are presented with the last slide you have viewed. If this is your first time entering the course, you will start on slide 1. Around the slide, you will see the following key areas: Settings & Control Bar. Let's review each individually.
The Settings area appears in the upper right of the page as a gear icon and the word Settings. This area allows you to select your overall text size on the page.
The Control Bar appears at the bottom of the screen as a gray bar and allows the following key functions:
- Outline - The Outline allows you to move about the course without going page by page. The Outline also grants access the Printable Content, including the downloadable version of each chapter.
- Notes - The Notes option allows you to capture your notes from the course without even leaving the site. Clicking the button brings up the Note box, and clicking it again closes it. As the Notes area saves automatically every 30 seconds, or after a decent number of characters entered, allow the box to remain open for a period to ensure they save.
- Search - The Search option allows you to find key terms within the course content which you have already seen and jump to it. If you have not yet reached a chapter, that content will not be searched.
- Print - The Print option allows you to print the content of the current slide without the graphics of the page.
- Support - The Support option allows you to review FAQs about the course as well as submit requests to our content and technical teams for review.
- Previous - Return to the prior slide in the presentation.
- Next - Proceed to the next slide in the presentation.