Upon entering the course, you are presented with the Course Overview page. This page shows a breakdown of the Course Description, Certification Exam, Chapter Listing, and Info Side Panel. Let's review each individually.
The course description provides the overview of what will be covered throughout the course and matches the description you would have seen at course selection.
For states that require certification, the Certification Exam link is visible from first entering the course. However, your state may not allow you to access the exam until all content has been reviewed. This is indicated by the icon to the left of the Certification Exam.
- Star - indicates that the Certification Exam is accessible.
- Lock - indicates that course content must be completed before the exam can be accessed.
This section provides the full listing of chapters contained within the course.
Similar to the Certification Exam, the icon to the left of the chapter title indicates your status and requirements to complete.
- Green Checkmark - indicates that you have completed the chapter in full.
- Grey Play Button - indicates that you have not yet completed the chapter in full. This icon is used specifically in states that allow you to complete content and exams in any order.
- Grey Lock - indicates that this chapter is not yet accessible, as prior content must be completed before advancing.
- Empty Circle - indicates that you have not yet completed the chapter in full. This icon is used specifically in states that require you to complete all content in order.
The number of sections built into each chapter is mentioned to the right of the chapter's title. These will be displayed as a fraction of the completed sections to the total sections available.
Upon selecting a chapter, you are presented a similar listing of the chapter's smaller sections. The icons will be representative of levels of access, as was the case in the chapter listing, and the fraction to the right of each section title will detail the completed pages to the total pages within the section.
In the Section Listing, you will also be provided a Resume button to the upper right, which will link you to the last page of content that was completed, allowing you to pick up where you left off.
Info Side Panel
The section to the right of the chapter listing provides additional resources related to the course. For Continuing Education courses, the first area displays the credit value of the course. For both Prelicensing and Continuing Education, the book cover (if available in print) is shown, along with a link to the printable version of the course for download or printing*. If your course shows lock icons next to chapters, you will not see the option for a printable manual.
*Link to the printable version is available only in states that do not limit course progression based on completion of prior chapters.