The Prelicensing Tracking screen allows you to review all students at once, to view details specific to each student/course, and even export the information to a spreadsheet for offline review. This document provides direction on the following options within Prelicensing Tracking:
- Show/Hide Columns
- Show/Hide Student Courses
- Apply Filters to Your View
- Adding Licensing Exam Results
- Exporting your View to a Spreadsheet (CSV)
Prior to Tracking:
By default, all columns of course data are displayed when first accessing tracking. Depending on your role or company focus, you may wish to hide a number of these columns.
To Modify the Displayed Columns
- Click the Edit Columns button (Gear Icon) to the left of the search bar in your Tracking Screen
- From the left frame, check the fields that you want to display, and uncheck those fields you want hidden
- From the right frame, click and drag the column headings to arrange how you want the columns displayed. Headings are listed from top to bottom and will display from left to right in the View.
- Click Save.
- You will no longer see these hidden columns in the default view.
Note: Toggling the displayed status of a column only toggles it for you. All other managers in your Organization will continue to see the students' course based on their own settings.
You can also create new Custom Properties to be shown in your reports. Instructions are provided in our reference document, Creating Custom Properties.
Show/Hide Student Courses
If you no longer wish to see a students' course, you can hide it from your default view.
To Hide Student Courses:
- Go to "Tracking"
- Check the box in the left-most column of the courses you would like to hide.
- Click on the eye icon in the top left corner and select "Hide selected courses".
- You will no longer see this course in the default view.
If you have hidden a student's course, you can add it back to the default view.
To Show Hidden Courses:
- Go to "Tracking"
- Select "Show hidden courses" in the bottom left corner to bring up a list of courses that have been hidden
- Select the courses you would like to add back to your default view
- Click on the eye icon in the top left corner and select "Show selected courses"
- These courses will now be added back to your default view.
Note: Toggling the hidden/shown status of a students' course only toggles it for you. All other managers in your Organization will continue to see the students' course based on their own settings.
If you want to completely remove a student from your Organization for you and all other managers, and do not want to see his or her course ever again, see Remove a student.
Apply Filters to Your View
You may filter your view to courses and students that meet your own criteria.
To Filter the Students/Courses in your Report
- Click + New Filter in the sidebar on the left side of the Tracking screen
- Choose the property you would like to filter on. These include:
- Certification Exam Attempts
- Certification Exam Best Score (%)
- Certification Exam Passed Date
- Certification Exam Time (hours spent)
- Chapter Exam Average Attempts
- Chapter Exam Average Score (%)
- Chapter Exam Time (hours spent)
- Chapters Total
- Chapters Complete
- Chapter Progress (%)
- Completion Date
- Comprehensive Exam Attempts
- Comprehensive Exam Average Score (%)
- Comprehensive Exam Best Score (%)
- Comprehensive Exam Passed Date
- Comprehensive Exam Time (hours spent)
- Cost Center
- Course State
- Course Title
- Employee ID
- Enrollment Date
- Expiration Date
- Last Activity Date
- Last Licensing Exam Attempt Number
- Last Licensing Exam Date
- Last Licensing Exam Result
- Last Licensing Exam Score (%)
- National Producer Number
- Reported Date
- Start Date
- Study Time (hours spent)
- Total Time (hours spent)
- Select the type of filter you would like to apply. These include:
- Contains - (not case-sensitive)
- Does not contain (not case-sensitive)
- Is equal to (case-sensitive)
- Is known (value exists)
- Is unknown (value does not exist)
- Is greater than
- Is less than
- Is before
- Is after
- Click + Add Filter to apply your filter
Note: Your filters remain applied to the data when you export to a Spreadsheet (CSV).
Adding Licensing Exam Results
To add licensing exam results for students:
- Open a students' Progress Report by clicking on the course title
- Go to the "Licensing Exam Results" tab
- Click "New Attempt"
- Enter the Result, Date Taken, and Score
- Click "Add"
- The licensing exam result will now show in your tracking view
Exporting your View to a Spreadsheet (CSV)
To export your Tracking view to a spreadsheet (CSV):
- Filter your view to the students courses you would like to export
- Click the Download button (cloud icon) at the top of the view
- Your file should be exported
Note: Browsers may export the file differently. Exporting works best with Google Chrome.
Please sign in to leave a comment.