If you are the owner or administrator of an organization, you have the option to add custom user roles to provide permissions for additional users. User roles can be customized to allow permissions for manager tracking. These permissions include viewing active and inactive students, assigned courses, and account adjustable settings.
- Default User Roles
- New User Roles
- Users - Student & Manager Viewing Permissions
- Courses - Course Viewing Permissions
- Page Access - Organization Settings Permissions
- Update Existing User Role
Default User Roles
Default users roles are provided with the manager tracking system. These roles consist of:
- Owner - Company/organization owner, unrestricted access to all users and settings
- Admin - Company/organization administrator, unrestricted access to all users and settings
- Super Manager - Tracking manager that is able to view, remove, and invite all students in the organization, but unable to modify organization settings
- Manager - Tracking manager that is only able to view, remove, and invite students that have been assigned to them, and are unable to modify organization settings
- Viewer - Only able to view assigned student. Viewers are unable to invite or remove students or modify organization settings
New User Roles
If you are the owner or administrator of the organization, you have the ability to create custom user roles. This allows you to customize which students, managers and courses can be viewed and modify account details, the viewing/modification of resources, and organization settings.
To get started, click "New User Role" in the top left of the screen. This will open the user role menu options. You are able to give the role a custom name and adjust the permissions. You will find more details on these permissions below:
Users - Student & Manager Viewing Permissions
The User Permission settings allow you to view and edit manager and students within the organization.
In the student section of the user permissions, the following features can be customized:
- View - controls the user's ability to view student information
- Edit - controls the user's ability to change student profile information (e.g. email, address, and phone number)
- Invite - controls the user's ability to invite individuals to the organization
- Remove - controls the user's ability to remove existing students from the organization
When assigning user permissions, the following features can be customized:
- Edit - controls the user's ability to change manager profile information such as email, address, and phone number
- Assign Students - controls the user's ability to assign managers to specific student's in the organization
Courses - Course Viewing Permissions
The Courses Permission settings allow you to view student's progress for prelicensing and continuing education courses, generate reports, and view certificates of completion.
- Prelicensing Courses - allows the user to view the student's prelicensing course(s) progress and export reports for a student or group of students
- Continuing Education Courses - allows the user to view the student's continuing education course(s) progress and export reports for a student or group of students
- Progress Report - allows the user to view and edit licensing exam results that have been inputted on student accounts
- General Course Access - allows the user to obtain certificates for students who have completed courses, as well as add and edit resources for students to access
Page Access - Organization Settings Permissions
The Page Access Permission settings allow you to control user roles and other organization settings.
The following settings can be customized:
- Enrollment- allows the user to assign which manager has the ability to enroll students in the organization
- Resources- allows the user to add and edit resources available to the student through their dashboard
- User Roles- allows the user to assign and edit user roles for other managers in the organization
- Custom Properties- allows the user to create and edit custom properties used to monitor and filter student progress
Update Existing User Role
Any user role created may be edited. To edit a user role, simply hover your mouse over the role you wish to change, and an "edit" and "delete" button will appear. Click "edit" to modify any of the above-mentioned permissions.